Mental Well being
At Date Palm Primary School, we are committed to supporting the mental health and well being of our pupils and staff. We understand that everyone experiences challenges in their lives and these changes can make us vulnerable and in need of emotional support.
At Date Palm we:
- help pupils to understand their emotions and feelings
- help pupils feel comfortable with sharing any concerns or worries
- help pupils to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure pupils know that they are values
- encourage pupils to be confident
- help pupils to develop resilience
MindEd’s advice and resources for families on supporting children’s mental health
Mentally Healthy Schools: tools to support an emotional check-in with pupils.
Mentally Healthy Schools: an anxiety thermometer as a wellbeing measurement tool
Public Health England Every Mind Matters: Looking After Your Mental Health Resources aims to support everyone to feel more confident in taking action to look after their mental health and wellbeing by promoting a range of self-care actions.
BBC’s wellbeing resources for families
Cruse Bereavement Care: Coronavirus, Bereavement and Grief online information, advice and support. Helpline: 0808 808 1677
Centre for Mental Health: Supporting Mental Health during Covid-19: a brief guide
The Young Minds website – provides online information on COVID-19 and mental health support to children and young people.